Why Is Everyone Telling Me To "Ollie"

Why Is Everyone Telling Me To "Ollie"
By Scott Hilburn

I love skateboarding. I still have dozens upon dozens of old skateboarding and surfing magazines. Why do I still have them you ask? How can I give up on my childhood and my experiences of youth. Shred is such a cool word to me. The word borders on havoc by tearing up something without tearing up anything. You can shred on both Skateboarding and Surfing. Usually when someone is "shredding" they are in the zone or making the desired move with such precision.

Today, I want to talk about the "Ollie". You say what the heck is an "Ollie". The "Ollie" move was thought up by a man by the name of Alan "Ollie" Gelfand. Rodney Mullen introduced it into flatland skating. What makes an "Ollie" so cool in flatland skating is the ability is to get the rider and the board into the air to jump onto objects or "clear" over obstacles.

When I was younger I didn't grasp why people kept telling me to learn the "Ollie" move to help my progression towards making me a better skateboarded. In the 80s, my friends and I thought sliding and going up halfpipes was the only way to skate. Well, the "Ollie" is the move to open the door to a multitude of tricks and grinds. Personally, without the "Ollie" skateboard would not be what it is today. If you wish to learn how to do an "Ollie" and learn what other tricks you do after the "Ollie", check out www.SkateBoardTrick.info

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Scott_Hilburn

No comments:

Skateboarding Articles from EzineArticles.com